Lower back pain is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It can be caused by a range of factors, including poor posture, muscle strain, herniated discs, and arthritis.
While there are various treatment options available, chiropractic care has become an increasingly popular option for managing and relieving low back pain.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on the musculoskeletal system, particularly the spine, to treat and prevent mechanical disorders. Chiropractors use manual adjustments and manipulations to realign the spine and other joints in the body. These adjustments can help to reduce pain, improve mobility, and promote healing.
Chiropractic Care For Lower Back Pain
Benefits of chiropractic care include:
1. Reducing Inflammation: Chiropractic adjustments can help to reduce inflammation in the affected area, which can help to relieve pain and discomfort.
2. Improving Mobility: Chiropractic care can help to improve joint function and mobility, allowing patients to move more freely and comfortably.
3. Promoting Healing: By improving circulation and reducing inflammation, chiropractic care can help to promote the natural healing process, allowing the body to recover from injury or strain.
4. Preventing Recurrence: Chiropractic care can help to strengthen the muscles and joints in the affected area, reducing the risk of future injuries or strain.
Chiropractic Techniques That Can Be Used to Treat Lower Back Pain
1. Diversified Technique: This is the most commonly used technique in chiropractic care. It involves a manual adjustment of the spine or joints, where the chiropractor applies a quick and controlled thrust to the affected area to realign the bones and joints.
2. Gonstead Technique: This technique is similar to the diversified technique, but it is more focused and precise. The chiropractor uses X-rays and a special instrument called a “Nervoscope” to identify misalignments and subluxations in the spine. The chiropractor then applies a specific adjustment to correct the problem.
3. Activator Technique: This technique uses a handheld instrument called an “Activator” to deliver a controlled and precise adjustment to the affected area. The Activator technique is beneficial for patients who are uncomfortable with manual adjustments or have a medical condition that makes manual adjustments risky.
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective treatment option for individuals experiencing low back pain. By addressing the underlying musculoskeletal issues that may be contributing to the pain and discomfort, chiropractic care can help to alleviate pain, improve mobility, and promote healing.
If you or a loved one are suffering from low back pain in Shoreview, Roseville, Blaine, Fridley, White Bear Lake, lino Lakes, Vadnais Heights, Mounds View, North Oaks or any nearby area, call us today at (651) 490-1507 to schedule a free consultation.